LT-Analyzer V3.1 New Feature Set
LT-Analyzer 3.1 was released on August 20, 2008.
New Toolset Edition
- Limited Edition
- The Limited Edition of the License Tracker toolset is a version of the
File DB Edition that will operate without the need for a license but with several restrictions. The
Limited Edition does not have access to the Auto Tracker and is restricted
to a maximum of 10 users and 15 software features. When License
Tracker is started without a license it will automatically be in Limited Edition mode.
New License Tracker Charts
- Concurrent Use Analysis
- The Concurrent Use Analysis
chart provides a combination of the Concurrent Use chart and the Sessions chart. At the top, the Concurrent
Use chart for a specified feature is shown. The bottom section displays the active session for a point in
time which is selected by clicking on the upper chart.
- Change in Usage
- The Change In Usage chart displays
the change in total hours of usage for a specified software feature for subsets of a date range relative to
the first period in the range. The size of the periods can be daily, weekly or monthly.
Other New Features
- Time Based User Model
- The User Model in License Tracker is used for "slicing and dicing" the
data based on user categories to assist in chargebacks, joint venture cost splitting and general departmental
analysis. Previously, each user could have exactly one line in the user model providing one value for
each of the categories. The time based user model allows many entries for each user, each entry having
a date from which the category values are valid. This recognizes the fact that people change business
units, locations, roles, etc. and their software usage over time should be properly assigned to the
group at each time and not all of their usage to their most recent group.
- License File Importing - Simplified License Model Creation
- The creation of license models can be quite time consuming. This new capability facilitates the
initial generation of a license model by parsing the license file (from either Flex or RLM license servers)
to determine license counts for each feature.
- Multiple License Checkout Support
- On occasion a software application will require more than one license for a specific feature in order to
operate. This is particularly true for software vendors that make use of token based licensing
mechanisms. License Tracker now parses the log files looking for and capturing
license counts for use in its analyses.
- Dynamic, Hierarchical Group-By Capability in Reports
- Most of the License Tracker reports can be viewed using a group-by
capability that selects the values from one column and groups all of the items with a common value
together. The new capability allows this grouping
to be refined by selecting multiple columns for a
hierarchical group-by. The column headings being in the group-by are shown at the top of the report
as drop-down menus; any of these may be grabbed with the mouse and dragged to a different location
in the list to dynamically change the order of the groupings.
Return to main New Features page.